|KSID DESIGN PROCESS
You have a past to be honored, a present to experience and a future to anticipate. Your life is distinctive. Your project is unique to you and your environment. Our process is one of collaboration with you. We begin our partnership with you in determining how to reach your goals.
The project scope and requirements are detailed in a letter of agreement. How can we best work together?
• Programming/Evaluation: Gathering the facts: what exists and what is to be? We assist you in determining your personal style preferences. In partnership with you we decide what is feasible within the budget and the time frame constraints. We discuss your functional and aesthetic needs.
• Concept Development: We will propose a creative design concept that is developed around your individual requirements. Your unique design concept is our road map. We evaluate proportion and scale that will fit your comfort requirements and the space. We explore colors, finishes, shapes, and textures that express your own personal style vocabulary. We consult with you and revise drawings and specifications until we arrive at a detailed design solution.
• Selection: We have determined the answers to the questions and revisions have been made according to your feedback. Preparations are made to move into the ordering phase.
Once we receive your approval of the design development stage we begin the preparation of the following written and drawn documents of the design solution including:
• Drawings: We provide a set of drawings that include the specifications for the non-structural changes, such as drawings for your electrical and lighting plan, built-in cabinets, furniture and custom window treatments.
• Documents: After the drawings and finish schedules are complete we submit them to the contractors, as well as the specific trades, for final bidding. Once this information is compiled we create a final budget. We review and assemble furniture specifications and create detailed purchase orders.
• Contract Administration: During the construction phase of your project we supervise the progress according to the construction schedule. We visit the construction site to verify that the work is being done in accordance with the contract documents and specifications. We supervise the installation of custom items and built-ins.
• Installation: By carefully collaborating with you and the contractors and trades we work to make the exciting transformation run smoothly.
• Final Touches: This is the phase that adds soul to the room. By layering accessories and art, that are meaningful to you, we make the final touches that truly bring you home.
• Photography: Photographs are taken to document the finished project.
• Maintenance: Information will be provided pertaining to the maintenance and care of your new furniture and finishes.
• Exit interview: We request feedback on the project. We will follow up to make sure that you are pleased with the outcome
• Referrals: Please keep us in mind to refer to your friends and family